USSBA Creates March 4 Music
By Christine Ngeo Katzman
Following a similar format as the popular Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure and other charity walks, the US Scholastic Band Association (USSBA) has announced the launch of March 4 Music, a cooperative fundraising effort being held in 12 communities across the northeastern United States on March 28, 2010.
Culminating National Music in the Schools Month, the 5K walk or “Marchathon” events will raise funds and awareness about the benefits of music education. Each charter host location will bring together students, educators and community members from several neighboring and local music programs for “a day of dynamic and profitable fundraising and to celebrate their common dedication to the performing arts in schools,” according to the USSBA website.
Participating bands will receive 70 percent of money raised by their schools while the USSBA will retain the remaining 30 percent to cover administrative costs of operating the event. For more information, visit www.yea.org.
Halftime Magazine®, a bimonthly print publication and online community, presents the sights, sounds and spirit of the marching arts, providing education, entertainment and inspiration for students, directors, alumni and fans of high school marching band, college marching band, drum corps, color guard and winter guard, indoor drum line or percussion, and all-age ensembles.
|Copyright © 2010 Halftime Magazine® | Website by ICLA|